Taking the Time to Really Listen
- There’s ‘listening to get things done’, and then there’s listening to really hear, listening with humility, listening with my heart and spirit. You are smart and creative and insightful when you feel safe, but I won’t hear your best contribution if I already stopped listening because I have my own “The Answer” . I am a specialist in counselling, you are a specialist in your situation. Together, we can do amazing things.
- The clock is not master of my home office sessions, you getting through today’s conversation is; where I have flexibility, I use it for your benefit. I have a sliding scale for people on limited incomes. I give my time because I believe in counselling, and I believe in my clients.
- In our sessions, if you’ve accomplished what you needed in 3 sessions, we’ll stop at 3. If you need loads of sessions to feel heard and unpack your context, we’ll take the time. We’ll do what you need.
Belief that Life can be better/ Hope for Personal Growth
- I know first-hand that significant personal growth is possible. I went into clinical counselling in order to help clients move from frustration and “stuckness” to contentment and progress towards their goals. I know therapy works. Come find out.
- To climb whatever mountains Life puts in our way, and still look up, with an open heart.
- I am well educated in counselling therapy; you are the specialist in your experience. I will not presume to know you better than you know yourself, I will, with you, be curious about your experience.
Love for the Arts; Community
- To seek and create beauty, to seek and create community, however these are expressed (for me: painting, gardening, music, friendships, fitness, organized spaces, the natural world around us).
…not to mention kindness, and, care and concern for others, the environment, and my country; open-hearted, non-judgmental; generosity of spirit.