Counselling Conferences and Workshops Attended; Volunteer Activities
Mindfulness-Based Art Therapy, Levels I and II (Margaret and Brian Callahan, RCCs, True Point, Vancouver, July 2014).
Mindsight – Daniel Siegal, MD: A Justice Institute of B.C. course on Mindulness, Victoria, BC (2011).
North American Society of Adlerian Psychology Annual Conference, Victoria, BC (2011). Presentations including Dr. Henry Stein, PhD.
Volunteer Sponsor: Queer Straight Alliance (club), Kitsilano Secondary School, 2013-16.
Evolution of Psychotherapy, Anaheim, CA, 2013 and 2009. Workshop speakers included:
- Martin Seligman, PhD: 5 presentations on Positive Psychology and flourishing (2013, 2009).
- Irvin Yalom, MD: Psychotherapy through Narrative (2013), Overcoming the Terror of Death (2009).
- Scott Miller, PhD: Achieving Clinical Excellence (2009).
- Christine Padesky, PhD: 5 presentations regarding Strenghts-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Anxiety Disorders/ Defense of the Self, and Depression (2013, 2009).
- John and Julie Gottman, PhDs: 2 presentations – Healthy Marriage (2009).
- Sue Johnson, EdD: 2 presentations on Emotionally Focused Therapy (2009).
- Kay Jamison, PhD: Life After Public Disclosure of Mental Illness (2009).
- Diane Ackerman, PhD: Love in a Time of Illness (2013).
- Marsha Linehan, PhD: Research around treatment for suicidal ideation (2013).
- Daniel Amen, MD: “Change your brain, change your life” (2009).
- Daniel Siegal, MD: the teenage brain (2013); mindfulness.
- Francine Shapiro, PhD: 2 presentations – EMDR (2009).
- Jack Kornfield, PhD: Buddhist psychotherapy (2013).
- William Miller, PhD: Motivational Interviewing (2013).
- Aaron Beck, PhD: 2 presentations, CBT (2013, 2009).
- Judith Beck, PhD: 3 presentations, CBT and successful weight loss and maintenance; & personality disorders; CBT (2013, 2009).
- Deepak Chopra, MD: 2009 keynote speaker.
- Robert Sapolsky, PhD: The Biology and Psychology of Depression (2009).
Workshops attended through Vancouver Coastal Health/ BC Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD)/ Skills for Mindful Living BCACC series, BCACC annual conferences, BC Association of School Counsellors annual conferences/ Vancouver School Board, and various post-secondary institutions, 2011 to present:
- Addiction resources and treatment for youth, 2011, 2015.
- Concussion management, 2012.
- Chronic pain counselling, 2015.
- Discussing sex with youth, 2015.
- Anxiety and attachment among youth (multiple workshops, 2011-2015).
- Counselling middle and older generations (2011, 2015).
- Retirement seminars;
- Connecting With Difficult, Angry Clients;
- Psychology of Conflict;
- Religion, Culture and Sexuality;
- Anti-Oppression Psychotherapy.
- VCH Peer Support Worker Program, VCH, 2013.
- Understanding psychosis, and dual diagnoses, 2014.
- Treatment for youth who self-harm, 2013.
- Complex trauma – understanding CT, treatments for youth, 2014
- Eating Disorders among Teens, 2011, 2014.
- Duty to Report, youth suicidality, abuse of a minor, and accessing services with Vancouver Coastal Health and MCFD; VCH and MCFD, 2014 (2 sessions).
- S.A.C.Y. – services shared between Vancouver Coastal Health and the Vancouver School Board.
- McCreary Foundation research findings on BC Youth and Mental Health, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015.
- Self-Regulation 2012, 2013.
- Threat assessment and Critical Incident protocols, 2012, 2013.
The Adler Centre Workshops, Vancouver, BC (2009-2011).
- Chris Shelley, PhD, Dreams and Dream Interpretation in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Deb Bailey, MA, RCC, Style of Life Assessment, Levels I and II.
- Bob Armstrong, PhD, Adlerian Approaches to Psychotherapy.
- Tamara Pride, MA, CCPC, Art therapy.
- Parenting Program – internship supervised by Jim Skinner, PhD.
Volunteer Peer Career Counsellor, UBC Student Services, 2009.